Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Youth Olympic Games

The Youth Olympic games started on the 14th of August, which is also my birthday. Since everyone already know about it, I am only going to state my opinion on it.

I feel that Singapore is putting a great effort in making this Youth Olympic games a memorable one. For example, there is a initiative like letting students volunteer to help in the games. It allows students to gain greater exposure to the games and also learn more about it. 2 of my friends were involved in it. However, it was during the test season and they missed some important lessons and tests. Thus, I feel that the organisers could try to start the games after exams. This will allow more students to help out as all their tests are over.

Also, another issue is the showing times. I understand that the competitions are held during the morning in consideration of the competitors. However, maybe they could broadcast encores during the evening when more students are at home.

1 comment:

  1. Eh, hello, these games involve MORE than 30 over countries NOT just Singapore! Your post here display a severe lack of the BIG picture.

    ReplyDelete